Timed Entry Permit Reservations required to enter Rocky Mountain National Park.
NO RESERVATIONS ARE REQUIRED AT THIS TIME.
The following information is from Rocky Mountain National Park's official website describing the 2023 reservation system..
What will the 2023 Timed Entry Permit System look like?
All vehicles will need two things:
- A Timed Entry Permit Reservation - there are two options to choose from: a Park Access or Park Access+ Timed Entry Permit
- and a park entrance pass (including a 1-day or 7-day Vehicle Pass or an America the Beautiful Interagency Annual, Senior, Access, Military, or 4th Grade Pass)
Park Access Timed Entry Permits are great for visitors planning to drive over Trail Ridge Road, visit the Alpine Visitor Center, explore the west side of the park, hike at Wild Basin or visit any area of the park located outside of the Bear Lake Road Corridor.
- Park Access Timed Entry Permits are required to enter Rocky Mountain National Park between the hours of 9 a.m. to 2 p.m. MDT. After entering the park with your Park Access Timed Entry Permit, visitors may exit and re-enter the park at any time between 9 a.m. and 2 p.m.
- With a Park Access Timed Entry Permit, access to the Bear Lake Road Corridor is excluded.
Park Access+ Timed Entry Permits include access to destinations located along the Bear Lake Road Corridor, as well as all other areas of Rocky Mountain National Park. These timed entry permits are required to enter the Bear Lake Road Corridor between the hours of 5 a.m. to 6 p.m. MDT.
- Visitors with Park Access+ Timed Entry Permits who enter the Bear Lake Road corridor and who want to exit and return later in the day, may re-enter the Bear Lake Road Corridor anytime after 2 p.m.
During the specific times of day when reservations are required, a Park Access or Park Access+ Timed Entry Permit Reservation is needed to visit all areas of the park, including Lily Lake, Wild Basin, Lumpy Ridge, Longs Peak, and all outlying areas.
Timed entry permit reservations allow park visitors to enter the park within specific two-hour windows of time, for example from 8 a.m. to 10 a.m. Once visitors enter the park within their reservation window, they may stay as long as desired. There is no set time for departure.
Only one Timed Entry Permit is required per vehicle (not per person)
- If there are multiple people traveling to the park in one vehicle, one Timed Entry Permit will cover everyone traveling in the vehicle.
One person may reserve only one timed entry permit per day
- You may reserve either a Park Access or Park Access+ Timed Entry Permit.
- Take time to decide which reservation option is best for your visit!