Free Shuttle Buses
The simplest and most stress-free way to steer through Estes Park is via the free shuttle system. The downtown trolley and shuttle bus routes allow you to park the car, bus or RV at one of the major hubs and be on your way. You no longer need to listen to the GPS ‘recalculate' or to all five back-seat drivers offering advice on where to park! The five town shuttle routes and the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle are easy to navigate and will get you just about anywhere you want to go.
Where to Park
The largest parking area is the Park & Ride stop located at the Fairgrounds at Stanley Park at 1209 Manford Avenue, just east of Highway 7 and south of Highway 36. This parking lot is serviced by the Green and Silver Route daily. Public restrooms also are found at this location.
The Estes Park Visitor Center offers guests parking, with the new Estes Park Parking Structure hosting 412 spots, restrooms and access to all five town shuttles, including the downtown trolley, as well as the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle. Located at 500 Big Thompson Avenue, the visitor center also provides free Wi-Fi and visitor information.
With shuttle routes passing nearly every lodging property in the Estes Valley, you likely can hop on very close to your hotel - avoiding driving and parking altogether. View and download the shuttle map in English or Spanish to locate the route closest to your hotel or cabin. All town shuttles link to the Rocky Mountain National Park hiker shuttle as well, so park access is virtually outside your door!
There are five town of Estes Park free shuttle routes and three Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles, covering all highways and major routes through the Estes Valley. For additional shuttle information call 970-577-9900, a handicapped-accessible bus is available by calling 970-586-4920. Transportation to Trail Ridge Road is provided through local Tour Operators.
Estes Park Free Shuttles
Silver Route: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Stanley Hotel, Estes Park Medical Center, Estes Park Conference Center, Solitude Cabins, Community Dr & Graves Ave, Events Complex Park-n-Ride
Red Route: 8 a.m. to 8:59 p.m.
- Operates along Riverside Drive, Highway 36/Moraine Avenue, Highway 66, Marys Lake Road and Highway 7/St. Vrain Avenue
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitors Center, Barlow Plaza, Piccadilly Square, National Park Village, YMCA of the Rockies, Marys Lake Campground and Marys Lake Lodge.
Red Route: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Timber Creek Chalets, McGregor Mountain Lodge, Fall River Visitor Center, Estes Park Condos, Aspen Winds on Fall River, Homestead Ln & Fall River Rd, Stonebrook Resort, Nicky's Motor Lodge
Gold Route (Trolley): 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Bond Park/Town Hall, Local's Grill, The Ore Cart Rock Shop, Tregent Park, West Park Center, West of Maxwell Inn, Elkhorn Lodge, Mrs. Walsh's Garden, The Grubsteak Restaurant, The Trading Post
Blue Route: 9 a.m. to 8:30 p.m.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Estes Mountain Lodge, Best Western Plus Silver Saddle, Quality Inn, Fajita Rita's, Lake Estes Marina, West of Olympus Lodge, Estes Park KOA, Good Samaritan Estes Park Village, Talons Pointe & Falcon Ridge Apartments, Salud Family Health Center, Crossroads Ministry, Rave Ave & Lone Pine Dr, Lake Front St at Ranch Meadow, Lower Stanley Village
Brown Route: 8 a.m. to 8 p.m.
- Stops include: Estes Park Visitor Center, Saddle & Surrey Motel, Mary's Lake Lodge, Mary's Lake Campground, National Park Village, Alpine Trail Ridge Inn, Elk Meadow Lodge & RV Park, Eagle Cliff Rd & Hwy 66, Dunraven Inn, YMCA Hempel Auditorium, Glacier Lodge, Rockmount Cottages, National Park Village, Mountain Shadows Resort, Riverside Dr at Prospect Park Dr, Piccadilly Square, Barlow Plaza
The latest Estes Park Free shuttle information is available at: estes.org/shuttles
Rocky Mountain National Park Shuttles
The Rocky Mountain National Park shuttles operate from late May through early October and offer hikers and day-trippers easy access to the most frequented areas of the park. Entry fees do apply and park passes are available for purchase at Rocky Mountain National Park Visitor Center and entrance stations. View and download a map of the park shuttles here.
RMNP Shuttle Routes: 2017 Shuttle Info
Hiker Express Route: Town of Estes Park & Rocky Mountain National Park
- Daily Service May 27 - September 10, 2017 then weekends September 16-October 9
- Makes stops at the Estes Park Visitor Center, the Beaver Meadows Visitor Center, and Park & Ride
- First bus leaves the Estes Park Visitor Center at 7:30 a.m. and last bus leaves Park & Ride at 8:00 p.m.
- Hiker Shuttle runs hourly from 7:30 a.m. - 11:00 a.m. every 30 minutes from 11:00 a.m. - 6:00 p.m. and hourly 6 p.m. to 8 p.m.
Bear Lake Route
- Daily Service May 27 - October 9, 2017
- Runs between Park & Ride and Bear Lake
- Leaves Park & Ride every 10-15 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Makes stops at the Park & Ride, Bierstadt Lake Trailhead, Glacier Gorge Trailhead, and Bear Lake
Moraine Park Route
- Daily Service May 27 - October 9, 2017
- Runs between Park & Ride and Fern Lake Bus Stop
- Leaves Park & Ride every 30 minutes from 7 a.m. to 7:30 p.m.
- Makes stops at Park & Ride, Sprague Lake/Glacier Creek Stables, Hollowell Park, Tuxedo Park, Moraine Park Visitor Center, Moraine Park Campground (C-Loop), Cub Lake Trailhead and Fern Lake Bus Stop
All information from www.visitestespark.com